Sunday 9 September 2012

Going to a wedding in style

Style. Well, readers will know by now it's not my bag. I am from the non-style fashion league. But we've got some real cycle chic on offer in Newcastle. So. Here's one of the leading lights - @claireprospert - and her take on...

Going to a wedding.

In style.

Some relevant detail first.

Tree heart and pearls at the rear...

Going to a wedding in style

Lovely handlebars with roses and ribbons at the front...

Going to a wedding in style

Here she comes... all smiles...

Going to a wedding in style

Will she ride it? Will she...?

Here she goes... she's off. Cycling to a wedding.

Going to a wedding in style

3 comments:

  1. a few gems:

    Reaction of the lady in charge of the wedding when I turned up at the venue and asked where I could lock the bike "oh, the bride and the groom did not tell us there was going to be a bicycle" -

    one of the guests:"But what do you do with this bicycle?". Me: " errr, I ride it. Like today, I cycled to the wedding"

    long way to go before we have a cycling culture here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear god. Must have really put these people out to turn up on a bike. Claire, you look great. And indeed, sadly a long way to go. But perhaps this will help show it is growing world wide.. http://www.slideshare.net/ragtag/cycle-chic-14348091

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to a wedding at a posh castle in the countryside down south 10 yrs ago. Put my Brompton on the coach to Milton Keynes (loads of hassle from driver) then rode 20 miles to the castle and parked up amongst the ranks of Mercedes, got some very raised eyebrows!! Good fun to rattle cages, though I must say after 20 miles in the summer sun in a suit and tie I was disgustingly sweaty and had to use a whole can of Lynx which probably wiped out the environmental gain of cycling...

    ReplyDelete